We warmly invite you to become a member of our school association. In becoming part of our association, you are demonstrating a commitment to Montessori education and our family orientated school. We are a non-profit organisation that aspires to provide the best possible International Montessori Education with a focus on developing the individual potential of every child. Our values are based on learning in a prepared environment for the child to develop a sense of wonder, to create, innovate, understand and lead.
The Plenty Valley International Montessori School Association is a Company Limited by Guarantee. When you become part of the school community, one parent/carer is eligible to apply for membership of the Association. Voting rights at General Meetings are given to the parent/carer who is admitted as a Member. Members are also eligible to be nominated as a Board Director.
A Member is bound by the Plenty Valley Montessori School Association Constitution, which may be viewed here.
Eligibility for Membership
The PVMSA Constitution specifies that any person is eligible to become a PVMSA Member if:
- the person is a natural person (i.e. a human being and not a business entity or government organisation);
- the person agrees to assume the liability to pay the Members Guarantee Amount;
- the person has never been a registrable person for the purposes of any State, Territory or Federal child protection legislation;
- the person has never been convicted of an indictable offence;
- the person is not a staff member of the School, unless the staff member has a child enrolled at the school.
Application for Membership
We welcome applications for PVMSA membership from all our families. Every family with a child or children at PVIMS is eligible to nominate one parent or guardian to be a Member.
Applications to the PVMSA Board for membership of the Association are subject to the above eligibility criteria, as set out in the PVMSA Constitution.
To apply for membership of the PVMSA, please complete and sign the current 2017 version of the application form at left. Please return the completed form to the PVIMS School Administration office.